The first thing you can do to avoid scoliosis is to have regular home checkups. Now with modern smartphones, it can be done in 1 minute!
Option 1: You need an assistant or mobile phone
Option 2: Also the rope is required which is stretched clearly vertically
- What should your assistant do? Ask the assistant to take pictures 4 times: face, back and different sides, using a special setting “grid” or later draw lines in any photo editor. If you are not a sure user, then you can carefully hang a thread or rope.
- Basically, the difference in shoulder height will be visible immediately.
- It will be perfectly visible whether the chest is symmetrical and the pelvic bones.
- In the same way, take a photo of only the legs, and you will see exactly whether the feet fall in one direction, whether the knees touch or the same length of the legs.
- Make a “wet test” for the feet. Wet the foot slightly and place it on a soft cloth or paper. Evaluate your imprint. What do the toes look like, which side is pressed harder by the foot displacement?
- At the picture from the sides, the most important task is to look at the shoulders, shoulders, sag in the back and abdomen. The shoulders should be lowered and not protrude. The scapulae should protrude slightly, not protrude. Deflection or natural lordosis – moderate. The abdomen does not fall out. If a strong sag and abdomen protrudes forward in the lower part – a clear sign of kyphosis.
- The vertical line in the photo (or a stretched rope) should run clearly along the spine from the crown to the sacrum. This will clearly show whether there are deformities of the spine.
- When looking at the vertical line, pay attention to the waistline, whether it is symmetrical or the same arm length.
- Carefully examine the neck to see if the neck is tilted or forward.
What other advice can be given to prevent scoliosis, apart from a careful regular examination?
7 rules to avoid scoliosis
- Moderate physical activity. Perform symmetrical exercises with a small weight, and best of all, with your own body weight.
- Take preventive courses of medical massage (not less than 10)
- Choose the right shoes for everyday things and separately for sports.
- Eat right, avoid being overweight and beriberi.
- Pay attention to the mattress and orthopedic pillow
- Do not carry the bag on one shoulder.
- Sit at the computer properly.
If you have back pain (during long sitting/standing/walking), you can not keep the correct position of the back while sitting, sports are accompanied by discomfort – you definitely need to undergo a professional examination of the spine and feet.
In order to get a reliable diagnosis, get real test results, you need to choose a rehabilitation center with extensive experience, good reviews and affordable results from treatment before/after
We offer author’s diagnostics of the spine and feet at the Grace Academy. Oksana Slinko International Posture Correction Center.
- Our diagnostics is a unique development, a patented invention of Oksana Slinko, the president of our Center.
What it is? This is an extended comprehensive examination of the musculoskeletal system, it is carried out for 2 hours.
What does the diagnosis in Academy Grace in Lviv include?
- Orthopedic examination of a person;
- Determination of basic vital signs;
- Conducting functional tests: determining the amplitude of movements of the spine and other joints.
This allows you to get enough information about the state of the musculoskeletal system of man, as well as to determine the main causes of complex orthopedic disorders.
- During the diagnostics, a “Passport of the spine” is drawn up, according to which an individual “Instructor’s card” is formed.
- A separate “Diagnostic Card” is also formed, in which all data of external orthopedic examination are recorded. Between anatomical points, measurements are making of the central axis of the spine.
- Based on the results of diagnostics, an individual set of corrective exercises and procedures is available for the correction of orthopedic disorders, which can be obtained at the Center.
- Cost: 925 hryvnias
You can sign up for diagnostics and get a free consultation on the services of the Posture Correction Center from our administrators 0983669886.